Friday 12 September 2014

Copy and Emulation


I found this image of a weather app on pinterest, and liked the "hanging cutout" design, so I decided to create an emulation based on this style.

I first created a copy of the design to give me an idea of how to create my emulation. I aimed to make it as close in design to the original image as possible.

 This is my emulation. It is a clock/weather app/widget based on the weather app that i copied above.
It uses a similar "hanging by a string" aesthetic and uses comic text similar to the original weather app, but I used Drop and inner shadows to create a 3D effect.

 I started with a textured background with a dark-to-light gradient and the bar at the top, which will have the day of the week on, with a drop shadow to make it "pop" off of the background.

I then added the "friday" text in the same colour as the background, with a inner shadow to give the illusion the the text was "cut out" of the green strip. we added the cloud clock, applying the same drop shadow and cut-out style text. the green strings give the illusion that the cloud is hanging off of the green bar at the top.
I then added the second green box, using the same hanging string effect and drop shadow. I planned to make this box look like a flip down calendar, so I used a darker shade of green on the bottom half.
by adding a rectangle and two skewed circles, I finished the flip down calendar effect, and then added the "cut-out" text. Finally I added another "flip calendar" box on the bottom with the date in the same cutout text.

No comments:

Post a Comment