Monday 29 September 2014

Second Emulation

This is my second emulation of a music app. I have used a similar style to my first emulation, with similar colours and design features such as the bar hanging from each other giving it a 3D effect/coming out of the phone.

I also did a drop down menu for other features as I wanted to keep the original app very simple. I just added a tap you can swipe down to access these features such as the volume slide, shuffle or repeat and a cast option.

I started by adding a simple pattern in the background which I found on the internet. I also got an album cover from the internet, placed it in my document and put a drop shadow behind it to give it dimension.

I then started to make a basic idea on where the buttons and song name. I simply used the rectangle to make the shapes, then added a drop shadow to give a bit more depth.

I then added some lines to replicate string, similar to my last design. This gives it an effect of it hanging. I also added 2 rectangles under the album cover for the track number and track time.


I then added the song name, artist, track number and time. I used a very simple font to try and compliment the design. I also didn't add any shadows or emboss to try keep it flat to contrast the hanging sections it is on. 

I then made a single triangle for the play button and just duplicated to make to next song button, and previous song button. I added inner shadow similar to the previous design to add depth  to my design.

I created the buttons in a separate document by taking a similar shape of the shuffle button and adding a inner shadow then using the circle tool to create an edge around the icon to further add a drop shadow to give the buttons definition as they are the same colour as the background.    

No comments:

Post a Comment