Wednesday 10 December 2014

Emulation: Notes app


This is my notes app based on the music player I copied earlier. I aimed to use a similar minimal design with as few buttons as possible, making it easy to learn and use. The notes are handwritten using the touchscreen and stack on top of each other in a fan pattern.
tapping on a note will expand it, fanning the notes below it downwards to expose the note. This may not be necessary on short ones but they can still be expanded in order to edit or add to them.
 I started by using indented plus and minus buttons for adding and removing notes, but decided they did not fit well with the post-it notes design, so I changed them to buttons, shown below.
 I used blue and white buttons in place of the plus and minus buttons, with a pin button to 'pin' new notes, and a bin to throw away notes that are no longer needed.
 I created the fanned note pattern using copied yellow square shapes with a small drop shadow to give the illusion that the notes are floating off the page slightly.


No comments:

Post a Comment